Long-term projects, project management, organisation, structure, documentation, portfolio review
One of the biggest challenges for photographers wanting to start a long-term project is starting the project. Sometimes the task of planning can feel like a mountain impossible to climb: there are so many questions with no clear answers that can keep photographers turning in circles and away from materializing the idea.
This two day workshop its specially designed to structure the practical challenges that come with the documentary practice. It aims to give the participants the tools needed to structure and organize a project and most importantly, to give the idea, the kick-start it needs to move forward.
The workshop is aimed at photographers who already have an idea of a long-term project or are in the process of making one.
• Students will discuss their project and the challenges raised by it.
• Opening doors: which ones and how. There are many ways to access what we need, choosing the right doors is key.
• Organization, structure and finding the way that fits you best.
• Targeted Q&A
The participants should bring portfolios of their long-term projects or other photographs.
*October 19 + 20, 10am–6pm @ Lothringer13 Halle*
• Day 1: After a short introduction, Asselin will present diverse ideas of photography and how to transfer ideas into actions and start with long-term projects. The participants own projects and ideas will be presented and discussed.
• Day 2: The previous day’s work will be discussed and further ideas will be collected.
Cost: 130 €
Workshop in English language, max. 12 participants
rsvp via firstname.lastname@example.org